PRESS RELEASE: Climate Governance Initiative Welcomes Advisory Board
The Climate Governance Initiative, a global initiative launched in collaboration with the World Economic Forum, has announced the establishment of its Advisory Board and welcomed seven members at an inaugural meeting on 18th November 2022.
Established to provide strategic guidance and serve as ambassadors, the Advisory Board will play an important role in guiding the Climate Governance Initiative’s vision, strategy, and impacts to support the adoption of best practice in the area of board climate governance.
The Advisory Board comprises seven distinguished leaders in business, governance and academia, representing diverse disciplines and sector experience. They join the Climate Governance Initiative’s Governing Board, which brings together non-executive directors and subject matter experts operating at the forefront of climate governance on boards of organizations around the world.
“The climate transition cannot be successful without strong engagement by the business community, and that has to start in the boardroom, where strategy is decided and corporate culture is set. So, we are truly honored to welcome these seven exceptional leaders from the international business and governance community to our Advisory Board,” said Karina Litvack, Chairman of the Governing Board of the Climate Governance Initiative.
“The individuals on the Advisory Board bring to the table a wealth of depth and breadth in the area of international governance leadership experience. We are delighted they have generously agreed to support the Climate Governance Initiative’s mission, enhancing its global reach and impact.”
“As board directors continue to recognize the crucial role they play in accelerating the net-zero transition, collaboration, knowledge exchange, and multiple perspectives are essential,” said Antonia Gawel, Head, Climate Change, World Economic Forum
“The contributions of the Advisory Board will ensure the Climate Governance Initiative continues to deliver timely, relevant, and action-focused knowledge and tools for non-executive directors worldwide. We look forward to collaborating with the board.”
The Climate Governance Initiative Advisory Board:
- Laura May-Lung Cha, Chairman of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
- Alejandro Diaz de León, Executive Director, Grupo BAL
- Angeles Garcia-Poveda, Chairperson of the Board, Legrand
- Mauro F. Guillen, Dean and Professor of Management Studies, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge; Professorial Fellow, Queens’ College, Cambridge
- Sheila Murray Director and Chair of the Board, Teck
- Feike Sijbesma, Honorary Chairman of DSM; Chairman of Royal Philips; Non-Executive Board Member of Unilever and the Dutch Central Bank
- Sharon Thorne, Chair of the Deloitte Global Board
Learn more about the Advisory Board members.